Multiverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Universes Collide

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Top posters
Hayzel
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_vote_lcapThe Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_voting_barThe Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_vote_rcap 
J.J. Knight
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_vote_lcapThe Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_voting_barThe Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_vote_rcap 
Kisame
99nour
Seluna
Mau5Trap
NotSoGallantGallade
EvilMegaCookie
ChrisSeeker
Dragonclaw
Latest topics
» Pokemon Trainer: Shadow
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm by J.J. Knight

» Pokemon Trainer: Damian
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:25 pm by J.J. Knight

» Heart of Steel
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm by Mau5Trap

» [Pokemon] Brotherhood [Closed]
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 am by J.J. Knight

» The Orre League [Closed]
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm by Elite 4 Mika

» Trainer Profile - Gray
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:35 pm by Mau5Trap

» Trainer Prof - Alasdair
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 pm by NotSoGallantGallade

» Champion Mika
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 am by Elite 4 Mika

» Multiverse 2.0
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm by J.J. Knight

» Pokemon Trainer: Luster
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:45 pm by J.J. Knight

» Pokemon Trainer: Joshua
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 pm by J.J. Knight

» The Reason for my Inactivity
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am by J.J. Knight

» [Pokemon] Iron Will [Closed]
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:01 am by J.J. Knight

» Tsukune Aono (Rosario+Vampire RP)
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 am by BackwoodsBadASS

» [Pokemon] Ariel Stewart
The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 am by Seluna

The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanathor

Credits : 5

The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up Empty
PostSubject: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Plot Hook/Synopsis

The world is in chaos. Today is the day that Maximillion Pegasus died of a mysterious wasting disease that claimed his life in less then twenty-four hours of showing symptoms. With his death, the fate of Industrial Illusions the company founded and solely owned by him that publishes the Duel Monster trading card game is unknown. Since the games creation several decades ago it has taken the world by storm, affecting global culture, business, and politics greater than any single invention since the creation of the written word.

He who takes control of Pegasus's legacy will become one of the most powerful men in the world. Such a prize draws the attentions of many people whose intentions may be not pure. The good news is that the Duel Monster Magnate had more foresight then most and in his last will and testament he put in place safeguards to keep the unworthy from claiming the ultimate prize. The bad news is that Pegasus was more then a bit eccentric and his method for doing so fitted his dramatic persona to a tee.

To put it quite simply Pegasus's solution to finding a proper heir from beyond the grave was to host a tournament. A battle royal where the last man or woman standing will become the new Chairman, CEO, and owner of Industrial Illusions. In preparation for this event Domino City has been bought out via funds set aside for this purpose before his death for this purpose. Anyone with 40 cards and a dream may enter the tournament, and hundreds have. The stage is set, and the tournament's opening date is coming up and so the eyes of the world turn to Domino City to watch as the world changes to a different era and a new King of Games is crowned.

But more lays beneath the surface then just a seemingly straight-forward tournament. Rumors exist of arcane magic, magic supposedly lost with the return of the Millennium Items to their crypt in Egypt being seen once are being whispered among the underground. With Pegasus's death and his almost presentient preparation for it along with these whispers have to be more then mere coincidence...right? Will you take the chance to join the game for your chance at collecting the ultimate prize and all the power, fame, and wealth such entails? The better question is how could you not.

---------------------------------------------

The above is as it says, a plot hook for an RP I would be willing to run/GM given the chance. The usual drill regarding rules (IE decent length posts, no god-moding, etc). I prefer to see a couple of paragraphs or more on each post, if only to keep up quality. This is a yugioh RP so I am going to use a custom Character Sheet for it, as the one in the sticky does not suit my needs like it should.
---------------

Name: Something normal-ish. No Gary Sunburst people.
Age:The protagonists of the yugioh series tend to be seniors in high-school or older if the original series and GX are any indication. Lets keep the characters right around that range please.
Personality: Describe your character in depth, what drives them, how do they act?
Physical Appearance: Either written or a picture. I prefer the former but the latter can work too I suppose. The more detailed the better.
Play Style: How does your character play the game, is he aggressive, going for the risky explosive gambit? Do they prefer to play it safe going for the controlled tactical win? Are they the type to toy with there opponent before finishing them off, what? This should tie into your character's personality, and the deck they use somewhat.
Deck: Please put here what type of deck your character is playing as a header, but put the specific card list in Spoiler tags please.

PS: I call dibs on the Inzektors archetype. They would be my favorite Razz
Back to top Go down
EvilMegaCookie

Credits : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I am interested.
Back to top Go down
Vanathor

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Then fill out a character sheet. Now we need at least one or two more people before we can start. I will fill out mine.
Back to top Go down
Hayzel

Hayzel

Credits : 123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I think I'll try. But I'll need a little bit of an assist when it comes to dueling.
Back to top Go down
Vanathor

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Thats fine. Assuming people are still interested you may want to start thinking about characters.
Back to top Go down
Hayzel

Hayzel

Credits : 123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:51 am

Alright. I can have more than one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up   The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadow Tournament [Yugioh] - Interest Check/Sign-up
Page 1 of 1