Share | 

Heart of Steel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
The Multiverse CEO

Credits : 91

PostSubject: Heart of Steel   Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:14 pm

A young boy lay on the top of the Team Galactic HQ in Veilstone City. He had shoulder length silver hair, dark blue eyes, and pale skin. He work a black jacket with a red Dragon on the front and jeans.

He stared at the stary sky, scanning the infinate space and identifying the numerous stars as he thought to himself. Today, Cyrus will decide if I get a Pokemon or not. Father has been fighting hard to let Cyrus let me go on a journey. Can't say I'd be horribly upset if he said no. I'd much rather work on machines and other technologies that could be useful to Team Galactic's goals. thought Luster as the door to the roof opened.

"Luster, Cyrus is ready for you now," said Charon as he approached Luster.

"Fine," said Luster as he sat up and rose to his feet. "Let's get this over with."

Charon placed his hand on Luster's shoulder as they decended into the bowels of Team Galactic's HQ. "Don't sound overall please with my decision of you starting a Pokemon Journey," said Charon as they walked down the staircase.

"I'd rather work on our projects," replied Luster. "I have so many left unfinished..." he said as they reached the bottom of the stairs and walked downt he corridor.

"Don't worry about those, Luster. I can work on those. We need as many people out there fighting for our cause. Cyrus has a special assignment for you. You should be proud that he is considering you for it."

"I suppose...But what can I do?"

"We'll find out."

Luster and Charon walked down the corridor to the large metal door. As they stopped in front of it, Charon patted Luster on the shoulder. "Good luck." he said as he pushed the door open. Luster walked into the dark room, the only source of light as a small circle in the center of the room. Luster walked toward the circle of light and stood in the center.

"Luster, you have been suggested by Charon to be given a top secret assignment," said the cold voice of Cyrus, leader of Team Galactic. "Has he discussed it with you?"

"He has mentioned it, sir," said Luster as he gave a small nod. "All he said that I was to go on a Pokemon Journey."

"That's correct," said Cyrus, his voice echoing throughout the dark room. "The assignment is for a Pokemon Trainer working for Team Galactic participate in the Pokemon League and become Champion."

Luster's eyes widened with surprise. "Champion? Why?"

"If we had the Champion of Sinnoh on our side, we would have increased support for our cause," said Cyrus matter-of-factly. "We want a trainer to gain a reputation throughout the Pokemon League, get popular, and have a following of supporters as he challenges the Elite Four and Champion. We need a young trainer for this to work. Do you accept, Luster?"

He paused for a moment before answering. He bent down to one knee and lowered his head. "I will be honored to carry out the assignment."

"Good," said Cyrus, a pleasant tone in his voice. "For your service, we are going to give you a Rare Pokemon to set you apart from our usual trainers."

A Pokeball was tossed to Luster. He caught it and looked at it. "Rare Pokemon?"

"That's correct. A Piplup for your service. Raise it well."

"Yes, Cyrus." said Luster as he pocketed the Pokeball and departed from the Team Galactic HQ.

Credits : 10

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

(Gray is leaving his house, having an argument with his father)
"... You can go **** yourself!" shouted a silver haired boy, a chimchar standing on his shoulders. "Well Tyke, looks like we're on our own from here." he said the pokemon agreeing happily. "Should we challenge the Sinnoh league?"

"Chimchar!" shouted the pokemon enthusiastically, pointing ahead to the open route.

"Well, lets get a move on then!" he said, taking his first steps out of his home town. "When I return, I'll be the champion, and I'll prove you wrong!" he thought, walking through the grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

Credits : 9

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 am

With a sharp intake of breath, Alasdair left the confines of the whitewashed building behind him, en route to the beginning route of his trek, with his first pokemon in tow... not that he felt that way about the Turtwig. That would be demeaning to call the starter his 'pet,' to treat him as his one-mon army, etc.

"Hey Landon, try and keep up, would you?" he said good-naturedly, looking back at the lagging Grass-type behind him. "I'll be in Sandgem by the time you reach the first route!"

Pointing his gaze back forward, Alasdair sighed to himself. He wasn't exactly thrilled to be on this Pokemon League journey; while the assemblance of a band of brothers (and sisters), a family of his own was the appealing part, the downside was that he'd end up having them be the ones to take part in battles with people everywhere suffering from delusions of grandeur and an inability to comprehend that pokemon weren't below them (hell, Alasdair himself thought the opposite). He'd be the one behind the proverbial curtain while THEY fought tooth and nail with others, and that... that was the true brutality of the society in which he lived.

As long as they survived all this, though, the ends would surely justify the means.

Well, as long as the ends were good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Gray continued walking past patches of grass, seeing pokemon pop up here and there. He noticed a boy complaining to a Turtwig along the road. "Hey Blazer, wanna have a go at your first battle?" The pokemon agreed with a proud exclaim. "Alright. Hey! Kid!" shouted Gray, running up to the young trainer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Alasdair looked over at the similarly aged trainer who was dashing over to see him, and gave a slight grimace. Great, he thought, five minutes and I've gotta throw my friend into the fire... literally, even.

He sighed as he simply looked over at the young man, already being able to deduce what his inquiry was. "Let me guess, battle?" he questioned, glancing down at the Chimchar by the stranger's side stolidly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm

"Yeah, if you'd be so kind. Blazer here's been itching to battle since we've left!" said Gray excitedly. "So whattya say?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:59 pm

"Suppose it'd be against the norm to refuse..." Alasdair replied, still entertaining the idea. "What say you, Landon?" he asked his Turtwig diplomatically, and much to his chagrin the Pokemon seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the battle. Poor guy was still a bit naive, apparently.

"All right, I guess we can do so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:04 pm

"Alright! The first battle for our pokemon with their trainers, seals our bonds as partners! Blaze, let's get ready!" Gray walked a distance from the trainer. "I'm Gray by the way!" he called.

Chimchar stood poised and ready, waiting for the command. "Blaze, start it off with a tackle!" The pokemon launched at Turtwig as fast as it could (not very) and aimed for a hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:19 pm

"Alasdair," he replied, not even getting a chance to state his name before the battle had been started by the other side. He had snorted a little at the somewhat corny statement 'Gray' had made, especially with the usage of 'our' in there, but shrugged it off.

"Landon, try tanking the hit and countering," he merely suggested. The Turtwig followed suit, with the Chimchar's strike taking the wind out of the Grass-type for a split second, and he sprang back almost immediately with a blow to the Chimchar's gut. Alasdair was pleasantly surprised at how effectively this was pulled off, technically speaking, as the Turtwig had shifted his momentum quite nicely into the hit. "Good job, buddy~" he praised, his voice for the first time in this encounter not in a tone that sounded like he didn't want to be there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Gray's excitement was rising as the battle continued. "Hang in the Blaze!" he shouted as the pokemon took the hit. "Get 'em again with another tackle!" The pokemon charged head first, slamming into Turtwig's side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

"Ugh, I hate this blatantly repetitive slugfest... Landon, go ahead and Tackle him again, then Withdraw if he tries to move in on you for another pounding," Alasdair said calmly. At the very least, he couldn't wait until he got past the first Gym or so, where battles would actually have a little bit of strategy. Until then it was even more mindless than battling in general... which was saying a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:50 pm

"Whats with you? How are you not excited??" exclaimed Gray, "This is your first battle! The first time your partnership with Turtwig is put to the test, and it'll only become stronger! The same for Blaze and I." Blaze struggled to get to his feet after taking another blow from Turtwig. "Come on Blaze, you can do this!" The pokemon fell to the floor, out of energy.

"Damn. Good job Blaze." he said with a warm smile. "Take a rest, you earned it." he continued, returning the pokemon to its pokeball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Alasdair shrugged indifferently at Gray as he sauntered over to Landon with the battle done for, though he visibly cringed at the sight of the Pokeball. As he knelt down, though, a small grin broke out on his face, and he let Landon into his lap.

"Nice job, bro. You've got a lot of potential to kick some ass, I just know it... not that I condone too much of it." He had all his attention on the Turtwig as he grabbed a Potion from his bag, using a little bit of it to heal his partner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:57 pm

"Great battle man. Blaze really enjoyed it. Looks like Landon did too." smiled Gray. "So, where are you headed?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:01 pm

"That makes three of the four of us, assuming you're part of the three," Alasdair answered, his focus now diverted to the enthusiastic trainer. He stood up and brushed himself off, with Landon staying out of his capsule (which was buried deep in Alasdair's bag). "As for where I'm headed... wherever the routes take me, I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 pm

"Closest town is Sandgem, there's a laboratory there too. Care to check it out?" asked Gray, taking Chimchar out of his pokeball, who gave a happy stretch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 pm

"That sounds thoroughly unexciting, but I guess that's where I'm headed." At this, Alasdair silently called Landon over, and the two of them walked off towards the next town without so much as a 'bye.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:25 pm

"Hey, wait up!" shouted Gray, running to catch up to the trainer. "Why don't we go together, we're going in the same direction."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:30 pm

"Ehhh," was all Alasdair said in return. He found the naivete of the trainer a bit irritating, especially considering that both of them seemed to be the same age. He picked up his pace a little, with Landon keeping up this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mau5Trap

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

"H-hey! Wait up!" Shouted Gray, keeping pace with the trainer. "What's with the cold shoulder?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart of Steel   

Back to top Go down

Heart of Steel
Page 1 of 1